Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Black Bun

Went out and had yum cha today (yum!) then stopped by the Chinese bakery and picked up among other things a Charcoal Bamboo Bun.  I’ve been wondering what they were like since I saw them.  Unfortunately I can’t eat it myself due to a food allergy, so I acted like a gastronomic voyeur while my wife tried it.  Here's the black bun on a black plate on a black table. 


It’s sort of a mild garlic bread.  It’s The Garlic Bread of DarknessOr maybe it's The Bread of Garlic Shadows.  Or The Yin Bun of Garlicness.  Either way I wish they made a gluten free one I could eat.

1 comment:

  1. Black bun on a black plate on a black table? Hey!~ It's the bun Hotblack Desiato left on the stuntship at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe! ...oh god I am such a nerd.. me stop now!

    ReplyDelete