Monday, October 04, 2010

Latin

Most people are familiar with some of the more famous Latin phrases such as Carpe diem (Seize the day), Veni vidi vici (I came, I saw, I conquered). Here's a handful of more useful phrases you can throw into your day to day conversations.

Carpe canis!
Sieze the dog!

Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Apudne te vel me?
Your place or mine?

Age. Fac ut gaudeam!
Go ahead. Make my day!

What's up, Doc?
Quid agis, Medice?

Fac ut vivas.
Get a life.

Sit vis nobiscum.
May the force be with you.

Caterva carissima mea est Cimictus.
My favourite group is the Beatles.

Veni, veni, veni Locamowae cum me.
Come on, come on, do the Locomotion with me.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
To boldly go where no man has gone before.

Isso fede.
This stinks.

Illius me paenitet, dux.
Sorry about that, chief.

Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!
You infernal machine! Give me a beverage or give me my money back!

Obesa cantavit.
The fat lady has sung.

No comments:

Post a Comment